Skip to content

Tool Cupboard’s Nearly Done

DSC_0239I am nearly done with the tool cupboard now. Carcass made, drawers made, doors made. Nearly Christmas too. I even feel ahead (not really). Then some rest for a few days with family and friends. I like Christmas.DSC_0243 Last week I went to Oxford and we went to to see a marvellous production of Christmas carol at the Pegasus. Still thrilled by it just thinking of it. If you are within 50 miles of Oxford, go! You’ll love it too. Take the kids or go with a friend or even on your own. Enjoy it!DSC_0244

12 Comments

  1. Joel Finkel on 10 December 2015 at 10:58 pm

    Maybe with 10-20 years of practice I’ll be able to make such beautiful joints. Maybe.



  2. Wes Jones on 10 December 2015 at 11:19 pm

    Merry Christmas Paul



  3. stone58 on 10 December 2015 at 11:31 pm

    For all the Inspector Morse episodes I’ve seen, think I’ll pass on Oxford 😉



  4. Russell Lowe on 11 December 2015 at 11:12 am

    lovely joints as usual,fine camera editing as well



  5. Keith on 11 December 2015 at 1:54 pm

    Oxfords great!
    Enjoy the rest Paul, you deserve it.



  6. Michael Ballinger on 11 December 2015 at 3:37 pm

    It’s funny I work away in a local mens shed using Pauls methods on everything I make. People always come over and point out how fine the work is… thing is they don’t know the videos and quality of work that I’m trying to achieve which far exceeds anything I have the skill to produce at the moment! I really is wonderful seeing such a high mark to aspire to.



    • Geoff Dailey on 12 December 2015 at 8:03 pm

      Slightly off topic, but what is your “local mens’ shed”?

      regards,

      Geoff



  7. Nevyn McAnferny on 11 December 2015 at 5:26 pm

    Those drawers are stunningly beautiful.



  8. Bob Barr on 12 December 2015 at 6:23 am

    Could you explain more about the joinery for the back of the drawer or tell me where you explained it in more detail? Thanks…I love your work and philosophy.



    • Paul Sellers on 12 December 2015 at 7:54 am

      I am preparing a blog on it, Bob. This has become a signature for 95% of my drawer making with the other 5% being common through dovetails. I will explain all in the blog.



      • Bob Barr on 12 December 2015 at 2:36 pm

        That’s great!!! Thank you!!!



        • Paul Sellers on 12 December 2015 at 4:49 pm

          Done it. Up now.



  • James Franklin on I Need Another ShedMy father advised me never to give advice to anyone over 16 years of age. You only get acerbic replies if you do even if the advice is well meant! The above exchanges prove he was…
  • David Wood on Life’s a Poem…Hi Paul and Gang, Merry Christmas to you all for 2019. I'm reading James Krenovs' "cabinetmakers notebook" and he is saying exactly what you'r saying about the inclusiveness of all…
  • The Southpaw Woodshop on Life’s a Poem…Well said. Couldnt agree more with the time spent working the wood with handtools, listening and feeling the grains.
  • Greg Werner (USA) on Life’s a Poem…Hi Paul, It's my first visit to your website. I've been voraciously consuming your videos and they have inspired a renascence to wood working days of old - - word working too with…
  • Paul Sellers on I Need Another ShedBut that would be you not me. And of course I find days off and resting the way you suggest very, very tiring too. Oh, and I have never neglected time with my family nor oversteppe…
  • Harry & Margaret on I Need Another ShedTake a break between Christmas and New Year Paul. You'll benefit from the rest, your family will see more of you, and more importantly, your new neighbours will appreciate the peac…
  • Paul Sellers on I Need Another ShedWe film about 98% of the making at my garage in the studio. The filming and editing is as efficient as we can get that way and we have control over everything from light and lighti…
Scroll To Top