Happy New Year Everyone!

I sincerely hope we all enjoy the coming year and anticipate a changing way we look at the whole world we share.  This year I look to an unfolding future that will embrace an ever-widening audience who will build their projects alongside me. I have new ideas, new designs and new methods of building and of course that means hand methods using hand tools of course. Many of our early cynics have abandoned some of their views to join us in our hand tool venturing without losing their minds. In fact, many even admit finding themselves as they gained insights they never saw before. It’s been a wonderful decade so far and with only a few months left for us to fill it with future we need to get started quickly.

HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR MY FRIENDS!!!!

1. Larry Lumley on 1 January 2019 at 1:40 pm

Same to you Paul and the team.
    God bless Larry.

2. Mario Fusaro on 1 January 2019 at 1:43 pm

Happy New Year to you, your family and the team, Paul.

3. Robert on 1 January 2019 at 1:58 pm

Paul, Happy New Year to you and yours. Thank you for all the encouragement and help during 2018.

• Christopher D on 1 January 2019 at 2:19 pm

Best Wishes for 2019 to you, your team, family & friends Paul.

Looking forward to learning by doing over the coming year.

4. wallace.l.johnston on 1 January 2019 at 2:23 pm

I have just watched your Video on Making Custom Plane Irons.

I want to make a CONCAVE Iron to rough out a Guitar Fret Board from 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ x 18″ hard wood. The Radius of the ARC is 12.00″ Is that “Do-Able?”

If that Iron width is too fit in a standard (Modern steel) plane body, I might have to resort to a Wooden Body (Japanese Style, Pull Plane) style

• Evan on 2 January 2019 at 2:35 am

You cam follow the video for the wooden plane. Just make the belly the concave radioys you need. This style plane is a “hollow”.

Though really you can do this type of shaping with just a standard #4.

5. Tom Angle on 1 January 2019 at 2:36 pm

Thank you and may you have a blessed new year also.

6. John2v on 1 January 2019 at 2:59 pm

Hi Paul……I repeat all above good wishes to you your family and valued team, with a BIG thank you for all your amazing teaching ( and patience when dealing with my requests for info!! )

Looking forward to another year with you…..John2v

7. Alex on 1 January 2019 at 4:13 pm

Happy New Year!
    Healthy attitude in all cases weather they linked to wood or not.

8. Cynthia on 1 January 2019 at 4:54 pm

Wishing you and yours the happiest and healthiest of New Years dear Paul. Of the many messag s in my inbox this morning, yours is the one that gives me the most hope. May the gifts you offer all of us so generously come back to you a thousand fold! ~ cynthia

9. Giorgio on 1 January 2019 at 5:49 pm

Happy new year !!

10. Patrick Phillips on 1 January 2019 at 6:03 pm

Happy New Year to you as well sir. You have re-ignited a desire to work wood by hand in me. I have all the tools needed, but unfortunately no enclosed structure to do the work. Any thoughts? Mostly concerned about wood movement caused by lack of climate controls. Wondering how woodworkers of old dealt with the issue of Kansas humidity. Thank you.

11. John Ross on 1 January 2019 at 6:45 pm

May God bless abundantly you and those you love in this coming year, including the new addition to your family! You are a genuinely good man and great mentor—wish I could meet you personally. Please keep sharing your personal perspectives on life!
    John U.S. heartland, rural Ohio.

12. Gierach James E. on 1 January 2019 at 6:49 pm

Happy New Year to you Paul and Crew!

You have taught me so much. I love wood and life, too. Here is a restoration using techniques you taught me. Chest board had fractured, bottom side matting pieces never aligned, glue over poured joints. Had to fit end piece back in and fix fracture line. Planned end grain, then fit in very thin (1-2mm) piece. Boy, once I learned “bevel side down!” there was no stopping me. Lol. Happy New Year!
    Jim Gierach
    Palos Park, Illinois (Chicago suburb)

13. JulioT on 1 January 2019 at 9:29 pm

Happy New Year, Paul. Happy New Year for those around you, family and team, and thank you very much again for all the things you do.

14. Ben Bunting on 2 January 2019 at 12:36 am

Happy New Year to you and yours too!

15. Gerard R on 2 January 2019 at 7:25 am

Thank you for your inspiration. My 4 x 2.5 m wooden shed is nearly complete, being built from a kiteset at the rear of the garden. Yes, I’m in the southern hemisphere, where it’s summer and already the day after New Year’s day. Happy New Year, everyone.

16. Ecky H on 2 January 2019 at 11:49 am

Happy New Year and may it going to be peaceful and healthy one.

Thank you for your inspirational work in the past – so I’m looking forward to the new year.

E.

17. Bryan McKinnon on 3 January 2019 at 3:20 am

Happy New year Paul, from Portland, Oregon, USA.

Hope the New year brings you and your vision prosperity and fruition.

18. Tracy Sanders on 4 January 2019 at 4:14 pm

Happy new year! And, happy birthday! Thanks for all you do – which is such that, when I watch one of your woodworking videos, my seven year old now says “Is that Paul Sellers?”

Salud!

19. Doug R on 7 January 2019 at 11:05 am

Happy Birthday Paul…from Puget Sound in Washington.

Enjoy your videos and comments. Always a pleasure!!

20. Joe Baldwin on 7 January 2019 at 7:42 pm

hi Paul just back from my hols and catching up on your blogs happy new year