We have conjoined elements of media to produce a more interactive presentation to teach woodworkers. We want to know that it works and the best way to do that is to let you test out our efforts to see if it is indeed truly interactive. We invited some woodworking buddies from our woodworkingmasterclasses.com site to try it first and we did indeed get feedback resulting in corrective work, but now it’s a question of testing it worldwide. This can make our work much more widely used and of course it makes what we do all the more an inclusive entity. Of course this is not just a watch and tell but a watch do and tell in the workshop and at the bench. No matter your skill levels, brand new or seasoned woodworker, and no matter your age or gender either, will you take your smartphone, tablet or computer into the workshop and make the spatula following the steps by steps to the letter. If anything trips you up please make notes and forward your thoughts to us and we will make changes as we see fit.
- We are not planning to change the Woodworking Masterclasses site to this format.
- You will need to register a new account for this test site (this is because the site keeps track of your progress and needs an account to personalise the experience to you).
- This course is aimed at brand new woodworkers to help get them started.
- There are videos for some steps but just pictures and text for others.
- There is a feedback form at the end of the course which we would like as many people to fill out as possible.
It is important to make the spatula as near as possible to the exact pattern given so for this go round please resist the temptation to add any twiddly doodads until after you’ve done your testing. Hopefully this will equip you to do more creative things in the future as you adapt the techniques to your own designs.
Over the years your input has changed and informed many of the way we do things and we therefore value your input so this is a good point to thank you for all the support you’ve given to us through the years. I say us because, yes, in the beginning my blog was very much me with a great few nudges from Joseph. Today all we do goes way beyond just yours truly and reaching a global audience is a tremendous responsibility.