Skip to content

What Happened to Working Wood 3?

Many of you have asked me about this knowing that I planned to continue the series.

If you purchased my book Working Wood 1&2: the Artisan Course with Paul Sellers, you know that in that book and the accompanying DVDs I stated that I would be adding further publications to this first series.

The publisher of that work, Artisan Media Ltd, and I, parted company in April 2012. However, I now understand that they plan to continue the series with the future release of a book and DVD series entitled Working Wood 3. You might wrongly assume that this or any other continuation of the series by the same publishers might be my continuation of the course I started in Working Wood 1&2.

This is not the case. I am not the author of this book, Working Wood 3, or any other upcoming works for this publisher.

I am telling you all this in the hope of preventing any confusion.

I am dedicated to releasing new content in book and DVD format but will be doing so through a different publisher.

1. John Purser on 1 November 2014 at 1:18 am

Thank you Paul for clarifying the situation.

John

2. davidos on 1 November 2014 at 2:29 am

thanks for the heads up. when can we expect your own body of work? i know you have been working on for some time as you have mentioned same in other posts .just a dedicated follower who enjoys and loves the way you teach ,write and work wood

3. Gary Blair on 1 November 2014 at 4:23 am

Thanks for the information. I had wondered about that. I’ll look forward to any future books and continue to enjoy Woodworking Masterclasses!

4. Ady on 1 November 2014 at 7:14 am

Thank you for the info – I’ve been looking forward to more books and DVDs in your Artisan series! Any idea when your part 3 will be out?

• Paul Sellers on 1 November 2014 at 9:27 am

I think you’ve misunderstood me here. I will not be coming out with a part three.

• Ady on 1 November 2014 at 11:11 am

I understand. I presumed you would carry on from where part 1&2 left off, but with your new publisher. I wish you all the best, and look forward to details of your new books and DVDs!

5. ant11sam on 1 November 2014 at 9:59 am

Looking forward for Your new book, Mr Sellers!
    All the best!

6. melendrez on 1 November 2014 at 2:46 pm

Thank you for sharing this information. I will wait for your book.

7. Steve Massie on 1 November 2014 at 3:09 pm

Paul thanks for the heads up. I am looking forward to your new book when it becomes available and will make sure not to confuse it with your old publisher. I like your style of working and will continue to follow you as long as I am physically able.

Steve

8. Karl Graf on 1 November 2014 at 4:18 pm

Paul, Thanks for the clarification. I have previously purchased parts 1 & 2. I was disappointed in the “flashiness” of the publication & DVDs. It did not fit your personality as demonstrated in your Masterclass series and your blog. Your down to earth style makes learning so much more effective and enjoyable.

Karl

• Paul Sellers on 1 November 2014 at 5:13 pm

I think that’s how most people expressed their feelings including myself. Since then we have trained our own staff who are now steering things in a more positive direction and the outcome seems pleasing to everyone and the realness we seek is woven into our current and future work.

9. Carlos J. Collazo on 1 November 2014 at 6:16 pm

Hi Paul, will you be creating a book on hand planes for publication at some point? I thought I remember you mentioning it. I think it would
    be a great topic.

10. Spencer on 1 November 2014 at 10:52 pm

I get so much more out of the Masterclasses videos than the book. It is about looking over your shoulder the way you use the tools and the rythem, the sounds. Seeing the video, even muted, answers many of my questions. I believe things like that cannot be articulated in a book. In my opinion, for your time investment, there is more bang for the buck in your excellent amateur film crew. Hats off to everyone.

11. lhtown on 1 November 2014 at 10:55 pm

Looking forward to what you have coming!

12. sandy on 2 November 2014 at 11:02 pm

Thanks for the info. I would have purchased the book and then been disapointed. Can’t wait for your next book!

13. BillS on 12 November 2014 at 1:41 am

So if I’m understanding you Paul, in “Working Wood 1&2: the Artisan Course with Paul Sellers” you did the videos and then the publisher added all the glitz and glam between the videos basically without your knowledge or consent? Am I understanding you correctly Paul?

Thanks,

Bill

14. Michael O'Brien on 4 June 2015 at 8:02 pm

Paul, I am looking forward to the new book and DVD that YOU are producing. Hope it is available soon as I learned so much from your 1&2 series and book.
    Cheers,
    Mike O’Brien
    USA

• Paul Sellers on 4 June 2015 at 8:45 pm

I will always be thankful for the support my wife has given me in my work through the decades.

15. Ed Kopczyk on 2 January 2017 at 11:09 pm

I am so glad that i read this having almost spent £150 on the original set. Is there a crossover into the new book and dvd you released Paul or is it worth getting both?

Many thanks

Ed
    UK

• William Swinyer on 3 January 2017 at 12:20 am

Ed,

The original book and DVDs is well worth buying if you haven’t already. Paul’s new book and DVD are also more than worth the money. Take care.

BillS

16. Chris Cooper on 19 February 2017 at 6:42 am

I’m wondering about all the content from Paul’s hope chest project that was going to this book.

• John2v on Framings and PanelsHi Rodrigo.....you are doing well with your written English. A large panel in a door or a decorative panelled wall inside a building would be made with vertical and horizontal timb…
  • Tucker Tuck on All in a Day’s WorkoutIt's so hard to be in the present. We tend to spend a lot of time thinking about what's not right in front of us until we learn to see more and more of it with the experience and a…
  • Nick Latraille on Vlog 015 Up!Mr Paul Sellers, thank you so much for being my “mentor” when it comes to woodworking. But your whole outlook on life is truly inspiring, I know for me and probly many others that…
  • Jay Gill on All in a Day’s WorkoutThe photo of the horses is really spectacular. Looking at it snapped me back to countless early morning in North Carolina and Hertfordshire. As always thanks for all you do. The th…
  • Stephen McGonigle on All in a Day’s WorkoutI think you must be one of the most contented people alive. You have work you love, enjoy and are good at. You teach this work to others and receive their thanks. You work with fam…
  • Glenn Philipson on Vlog 015 Up!Funny that since I chose to become a lifestyle woodworker I have no time or interest in the TV. My watching is all related to my wood and the highlight is without a doubt your Vlog…
  • Derick Wallace on Woodworking AlternativesThank you Paul for guidelines. Will seek advice and read your suggested books to try and educate myself. Will hopefully give feedback on my journey in future.
Scroll To Top