Skip to content

Another Stocking Stuffer – Uncle Bill’s Sliver Grippers

DSC_0155I have used these Uncle Bill’s sliver grippers for over two decades and they have never failed me. I mentioned them in an earlier blog but it wasn’t Christmas back then. A splinter or two a day would likely average the amount of splinters I get so it didn’t take too long for me to appreciate the gift I received back in the early 90′s.

They are absolutely a must in my pocket and I never go to work without them. The clever way the points are made mean that they poke, probe and grip without faltering on the very finest of slivers and then again the very largest.DSC_0152DSC_0154 The non-slip points are sharp enough to enter the skin alongside the splinter without any sense of invasion and tug out the offending invader. They can be had for $8.99 from Highland Hardware and 8 bucks if you buy a pack of three. Here is the link: Don’t mistake these for mere tweezers, they are incredibly accurate and have great pulling power. I wish they were available here in Europe. These things work!DSC_0156

1. Nick Sellers on 19 December 2013 at 6:28 am

Paul, they are available in the UK. Here’s a couple of links…

£5.00 – http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/483-Uncle-Bills-Sliver-Gripper-Tweezers/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&gclid=CPf21JzTu7sCFZLKtAodsg4AFw

£6.30 – http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uncle-Bills-Gripper-Tweezers-Survival/dp/B006H4O7VG

Prices quoted include delivery. May be too late for stockings this Christmas, though!

• Paul Sellers on 19 December 2013 at 8:34 am

Thanks Nick. Now you know where I got yours!!!

• Eddy flynn on 19 December 2013 at 1:44 pm

thanks for the link Nick ive ordered a couple of sets from Raymears.com very good price .

2. Steve Massie on 19 December 2013 at 2:30 pm

Great idea, I keep forgetting to order a pair thanks for the reminder.

Steve

3. Jonathan Warren on 19 December 2013 at 6:44 pm

Thanks, Nick – Now does anyone know where to get Hirsch gouges in the UK?

• Paul Sellers on 19 December 2013 at 7:30 pm

They cannot be had here as far as my research has seen.

4. Jonathan Warren on 19 December 2013 at 7:33 pm

Haha, I’m hoping against hope, I know 🙂 I have also been trying to think of who I know in the US, too! Still, one never knows… 🙂

5. Colin on 19 December 2013 at 10:32 pm

6. Paul Sellers on 20 December 2013 at 9:57 am

I have been suggesting the Two-Cherries brand for that reason, so thanks for this. If anyone can confirm this with an absolute I would like to know.

Scroll To Top